I would like to thank the Last Days OF Pompeii, the Fibro Butterfly herself for nominating I Tripped Over a Stone for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I was lucky enough to stumble across this fantastic blog on Twitter. She is insightful and witty. A great blog to check out!
So the rule of eleven comes along with this award. I will answer eleven questions that were asked of me. I will ask eleven new questions and nominate eleven blogs. Here we go! (And I think you’ll have fun answering my questions!!!)
My Eleven Questions to Answer
- Why did you start your blog? I honestly was just re-learning sentence structure. I had always been a writing/journaling kind of person. Then I ended up going through seven surgeries over a period of two years, and I lost a lot of brain power! I needed to learn to write again!
- What motivates you to write a post? Motivates me…? There are times when I have these ‘word snowstorms’ and I have to write! I feel all these things I need to say swirling around in my brain. I may write five or six posts and a few power poems in a day and then not write for a week. It is entirely hit or miss with my ability to put down thought on paper.
- What is your favorite all-time blog and why? I plead the 5th! I love blogs that are quick-witted and to the point. I love blogs that are truthful and heartbreaking. I love stumbling upon a brand new blogger and reading as they grow. I love variety!
- What are your blogging short-term goals and long-term goals? I wanted to blog about Fibromyalgia Syndrome Awareness. That was my short-term goal; awareness. My long-term goal is to be a resource for individuals traveling with (and without) a chronic illness as my husband, and I are preparing to spend a few years RVing full time.
- What do you hope people take away from your blog posts? That you can live a good life WITH your disease.
- What is your favorite post that you have written on your blog and why? I would have to say, Hello God? It’s Me, Kim. I think we all look for something to believe in or not to believe in. We wonder what we did wrong to deserve whatever has happened to us or someone we love? I try to explain to persons, with and without faith, why I think bad things happen.
- What is your favorite activity? Oh, my! Well, it used to be bar hopping to see live bands! When I lived in Seattle, you paid one cover charge, and you could go from bar to bar and see these amazing bands! Now, I love writing, the solitude of it while being able to express my ideas at that very moment while still connecting to people.
- How do you promote creativity on your blog? That is a tough one, being a chronic illness blogger doesn’t really leave much room for creativity. It is what it is! I have started a series called Before I Tripped over a Stone, Fridays I talk about my life before fibro. Once in a while, I’ll write a ‘power poem’ post. (That’s my attempt at poetry!) I did start a second blog called A Stone in the Road where I feature and promote other bloggers, focusing mostly on chronic illnesses but from all niche’s.
- Are all readers welcome on your blog or are you a dedicated niche writer? All are welcome! Stop by for a visit I’m open 24/7!
- What motivates you to keep on keeping on? It struck me that even though I have been dealing with my disease for over 20 years and have been promoting awareness, many have not received the information! It’s a stubborn thing. I will continue to answer, inform, and encourage awareness until there is no need for it.
- Which blogger inspires you? This entire blogging community inspires me! I have never been a part of such a welcoming, all-inclusive community! I think bloggers are some of the most aspiring, creative, and empathetic people I have ever come across! It is my honor to be a part of this inspiring community.
Eleven Questions For My Nominees
- Ice cream or french fries?
- Do you consider yourself a writer?
- What would you do if you could not blog?
- Have you already had your dream vacation or are you still planning it?
- Sports car or muscle car?
- What do you believe are the pros and cons of using cuss words on a blog?
- What is your favorite social media outlet?
- Defend your position as a cat person or a dog person?
- Favorite guilty pleasure?
- What was the last book you read?
- Who was the last person you said, “I love you” to?
And the Nominees are:
- Invisibly Me
- Momentum of JO
- Floweringink, Stories from the Edge of Darkness
- Chronic Cosmic Gypsy
- Kit Dunsmore’s Blog
- MS Graceful …NOT!
- The Scoop on Fibromyalgia and Chronic Illness Blog
- Keep It Mindful
- Savvy Spoons
- A Chronic Spoonful
- Lady Fibrowarrior
These are eleven blogs I’d like to bring attention to. There are so many more I would nominate, but I know they have already received the award or choose not to participate in such awards. So it’s up to these amazing eleven if they’d like to accept The Sunshine Blogger Award!
Live your best life!