I have looked at a few sites, read a few blogs, compiled some ideas, made a few lists, a regular morning for me. Then I started thinking about a regular morning versus a ‘normal’ morning. The mornings I have now are nothing like the ones I had when I worked a full-time salaried job. My mornings now are completely different than they were 20 years ago! But this is now my regular morning with fibromyalgia. I guess it is a ‘normal’ fibro morning, as my friend MJ has so eloquently named her blog, Fibro Warrior, My New Normal. (Check it out here on WordPress!)
It all makes sense after putting the pieces together!
So I started thinking about some basic skills that would be helpful for living your best life with Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I thought I’d share them with you, they are pretty reasonable and they just might become your new normal as well.
We will just review some basic areas of your life; physical, mental, relationships and goals. I put together a potpourri of a few different articles I read. So here goes my list!
For the physical, we will cover three areas, nutrition, sleep, and exercise.
- The crockpot is our friend.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Find healthy snacks.
- A dark room with a noise machine.
- Comfortable PJs and bedding.
- Use relation techniques.
- Choose activity YOU enjoy (yoga, meditation, dancing, bike riding).
- Yes – go for that walk, even a 5 minute one.
For your mental well-being, we will cover feelings, relaxation, and declutter.
- Talk to a therapist.
- Pick your battles.
- Forgive yourself!
- Netflix Marathon!
- Uncomfortable clothes and knick-knacks to charities.
- Organize only one drawer/closet per day.
For the relationships in your life, we will cover friends and family, necessary interactions, and children.
Friends and Family:
- Call someone.
- Join a support group.
- Have a potluck game night.
- Medical Appointments.
- Return calls.
- Meet for coffee! (Get yourself out of the house.)
- Family movie night.
- Cook together.
- One-on-one time.
For the lifestyle part of Fibro, we will assess home, hobbies, and goal-setting.
- 20/10 rule – work for 20 and rest for 10.
- Set boundaries.
- Learn to say “no”!
- Create something!
- Get outdoors.
- Learn something new.
- Weekly meal plans and have your groceries delivered.
- Write to-do lists.
- Make a cleaning checklist – only one room a day.
There you go! Just the basics.